Job #: 503447936
Click below to directly apply for the Communications Specialist position:
Synertex is looking to hire a Communications Specialist to support our government customer based in Linthicum Heights, MD. This is a hybrid position with 4 days telework and 1 day in the office.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
- Develop marketing campaigns and communications for new and updated products that serve the DoD workforce.
- Develop and coordinate monthly, engaging content on social media platforms and websites that will both increase product offering awareness and increase traffic to the platforms.
- Develop, coordinate, and deploy content for traditional media to include writing content for magazines, newsletter articles, briefings, and public relations messages.
- Ensure social and traditional media content is consistent with agency brand and tone.
- Develop and manage web content in accordance with strategic communications best practices.
- Manage all aspects of the social media platforms including posting, sharing, and engagements to ensure a positive experience.
- Monitor and produce social media analytics on a monthly basis and use the information to measure the impact of campaigns.
- Identify stakeholder information needs and translate to written communications that are tailored to the specified audience.
- Manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines.
- Ensure communications are prepared in the appropriate DoD compliant formats and are free from grammatical errors.
- Develop original communication content based on customer guidance.
- 5 or more years of experience writing internal and external marketing communications including social and traditional media for federal agencies.
- 5 or more years of experience executing strategic communications plans compliant to DoD standards, that generate awareness for products and events and that increase engagement across social media platforms.
- 5 or more years of experience with communications planning support, including writing, communications coordination, stakeholder communications, messaging, outreach, and execution.
- Experience developing and/or using graphical images to accompany social media content that will increase engagement and traffic.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field and minimum (5) years- experience in communications writing and marketing. Additional equivalent work experience in marketing and communications may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience working in DoD Public Affairs/Strategic Communications Office.