Synertex’s SkillBridge program is designed for candidates with System Administrator experience and/or knowledge.
Our program is remote.
SkillBridge is an excellent opportunity as you plan for your life after the military.
SkillBridge matches civilian opportunities to your job training and work experience at the end of your military duty. In addition to opportunities such as Tuition Assistance and the GI Bill program, you can enhance your marketability and career prospects by participating in a SkillBridge opportunity.
Any rank, enlisted or officer, may apply for SkillBridge. SkillBridge permits you to use up to the last 180 days of Service to train and learn with an industry partner. During SkillBridge participation you continue to receive military compensation and you are covered by your military benefits.
Release for SkillBridge is always mission-dependent and your unit Commander must authorize participation prior to entering into any agreement with interested industry employment partners.
There are many industry partners with opportunities in a variety of fields, such as energy, information technology, manufacturing, retail, transportation, civil service and more. These industry partners have developed SkillBridge programs for Service members because they value your expertise, dedication and service.
To apply for the position, please use the following link:
Skillbridge Junior System Administrator
To apply for a SkillBridge/Career Skills Program opportunity, Service Members should:
Gather basic information about the program in which you are interested on the
Consult with your local Transition Office or Education Office for Service specific SkillBridge application/enrollment guidance.
Communicate with Employer POCs to determine SkillBridge program pre-requisites and enrollment protocols, but obtain written approval from your unit commander of permanent assignment prior to commencement of training.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Experience or knowledge of provisioning laptop computers.
- Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help requests and escalating incidents when necessary to maintain company operations.
- Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require instructions be communicated to the company employees so that troubleshooting and resolution may occur.
- Have 180 days of service or fewer remaining prior to your date of discharge and you have at least 180 continuous days of active service.
- Obtain approval from your unit commander, and
- Agree that participation in SkillBridge can be terminated at any time by the Service if mission requirements dictate.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software as it related to LAN/WAN.