Clearance: Top Secret
Position #: 486698062
Synertex is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for Springfield, VA to work with a Department of Defense client.
Click below to directly apply for the Senior Systems Engineer!
Senior Systems Engineer at Springfield, VA
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a member of a team of diverse, multidisciplinary Information Technology (IT) Engineers responsible for tackling unique and complex challenges to achieve objectives tasked to the Activity’s enterprise IT Systems Engineering and Architecture Services (SEAS) group in direct support of business and mission-focused needs. The Senior Systems Engineer primarily supports the System Engineering (SE) responsibilities of SEAS.
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide SE knowledge, skills, abilities, standards and best practices to implement modem and Next Generation (NexGen) IT solutions across a wide array of vendors and technologies.
System Engineers are tasked with a variety of projects and initiatives, some within their background and experience and others outside of that as stretch goals or challenges; technical aptitude and their willingness to accept new challenges, learn, and grow will be key to their success. Systems Engineers are expected to always be learning and improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities as IT is an ever revolving and changing landscape.
The Senior Systems Engineer also provides consulting services and escalated tiered support to the Activity’s Enterprise IT O&M teams, and provides mentorship and on the job training (OJT) to junior and/or lesser experienced personnel.
Infrequent travel may be required of the Engineering team to support the Activity’s IT enterprise objectives to include, but not be limited to: site surveys and assessments; engineering discussions and exchanges; solution implementation, integration and testing, operational team assistance; and training and professional development. The ability of the Senior Systems Engineer to travel up to approximately 26 days per year is preferred but not required.
- Shall have 7 or more years of progressive experience successfully leading the employment of systems engineering techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to architect, design, engineer, implement, test, secure, and deliver a variety of enterprise-grade IT solutions (system, applications, and/or services) across multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging and providing system engineering within an established System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) program.
- Demonstrated experience in capturing, analyzing, and decomposing stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to generate design solutions that will be implemented, tested, and eventually transitioned to the operational environment that acknowledge technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraint.
- Demonstrated experience performing advanced troubleshooting techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to quickly identify and assess an issue, develop the strategy to resolve the issue, implement the resolution, and restore the degraded entity to an operational state all while maintaining concern for the original configuration and the overall Information Security (INFOSEC) posture of the environment.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Research and Development Specialist (661); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance. (See Navy Cool Web Site)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university OR one of the following certifications:
- CAP, CASP+, CISSP, CISM, Security +ce, CCNA, GSLC
- Strong level of knowledge and demonstrated technical experience working with and across the many Microsoft-based OSs and enterprise-grade applications and services to include, but not be limited to, Active Directory, Exchange, Internet Information Services (IIS), Sharepoint, Skype for Business, SQL Server, Windows, and Windows Server.
- Demonstrated technical experience working with newer core Microsoft technologies to include, but not be limited to, Active Directory, Windows 10, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO).
- Demonstrated experience working with *nix-based OSs such as KVM, Nutanix Acropolis, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu LTS, and VMware vSphere ESXi to support implementation, configuration, securing, and troubleshooting, vendor appliances, and *nix-based solutions.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging modern scripting languages such as Microsoft PowerShell and/or Python for the purposes of automating and orchestrating routine and/or complex tasking in day-to-day operations, implementations, testing, validation, and verification. Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and Configuration as Code (CAC) in a production enterprise environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and producing all common SE products throughout the SDLC such as requirements, System Concepts, Project Plan, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), Validation Plans, System and Subsystem Requirements, Verification Plan, Design Documents (high-level, system, subsystem, etc.), Deployment plans, O&M Plans, and Retirement Plans.
- Demonstrated experience providing mentorship and On the Job Training (OJT) to junior and/or lesser experienced team members.
- Familiarity with enterprise networking aspects and concepts as they pertain to SE processes.
- Familiarity with commercial cloud concepts, technologies, and approaches would be a plus.
- Technical certifications in industry standard enterprise-level operating systems (OSs), applications, and technologies, such as Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Red Hat, Splunk, and/or VMware, are also a plus.