Clearance: Top Secret, will upgrade to SCI and Poly as needed
The Senior Systems Administrator II – Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) supports the Information Technology Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available, server technology solutions (systems, applications, and servers) as the customer’s Enterprise IT Systems, Applications, and Services catalogs.
- Provides O&M support – installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning – as it relates to enterprise server-based solutions on the Linux server platforms across the IT enterprise’s multi-platform information system, varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Supports the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges in the Server system, Application, and Services in a timely manner that arise.
- Contributes to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the customer’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, policies and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of Linux-based enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (primarily RHEL) and server applications and services, such a Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, etc., hosted on those platforms on a production information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of personal and hands-on experience installing, configuring, tuning, securing, operating, and maintaining Red Hat Satellite as the infrastructure management solution to keep deployed production RHEL environments running efficiently, securely, and compliant within an enterprise production environment. Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Red Hat Satellite 6.3 or newer is a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall have 3 or more years of personal and hands-on experience planning, implementing, configuring, documenting, and maintaining Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) configurations, to include Multi Category Security (MCS) and Multi Level Security (MLS), on supported Linux platforms, to include RHEL
- Demonstrated hands-on experience providing O&M support to third-party anti-virus and anti-malware products installed on RHEL platforms to include advanced and in-depth impact analysis, policy and rule review, and providing recommendations to ensure RHEL platforms are running securely, but also as efficient and optimal as possible within information assurance (IA) and information security (INFOSEC) boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience understanding and applying vendor guidance and best practices to securely implement, configure and support the use of an established Microsoft Active Directory (AD) as a centralized identity and authentication solution for supported Linux platforms, with specific focus on RHEL.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring deployed production Linux platforms for performance, availability, and/or security degradation, issues, problems, and/or risks and proactively recommending platform tuning, maintenance, upgrades, or other appropriate correct or remediate them before they impact the business or mission function, or end-user directly.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell on Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex O&M duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.
- Bachelor Degree from an Accredited University OR
- Shall possess GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Security+ Continuing Education (CE) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) to meet the minimum credential requirements for Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Journeyman proficiency level as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
- Strongly desired to be at least Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certified. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is most desired.
- Strongly desired to be Red Hat Certified Specialist in Server Security and Hardening or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX) certified.
- Technical certifications in other enterprise-level OSs, applications, and technologies, such as Cisco, Microsoft, Splunk, and SolarWinds are also a plus.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with RHEL 6 and 7 are most desired