Clearance: Top Secret with SCI Access and willing to get a polygraph
Position #: 486727496
Click below to apply for the Service Desk Specialist position in Springfield, VA
Synertex is seeking a Service Desk Specialist to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA. The position is required to be onsite.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
The Service Desk Specialists are the Tier 1 team members of an Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Service desk responsible for the IT-related service requests, and the service incidents and problems for the customer’s IT business and mission-focus enterprise systems. Specialists will be directly responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user submitted requests. Specialists will use common vendor provided as well as custom internal diagnostic tools to provide “hands on” troubleshooting assistance at the desktop level.
The IT Enterprise Service Desk supports a wide array of systems, applications, and services spanning desktop operating systems (OSs), desktop and web-based applications, and unified communications (instant messaging, Video Tele-Conferencing (VTC), Voice over IP (VOIP) phones, etc.).
- Shall have 1 or more years of experience working in an enterprise IT Service Desk or Help Desk role.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance and support to enterprise • Microsoft Windows desktop platforms.
- Microsoft Windows desktop platforms.
- Demonstrated experience supporting IT enterprise collaboration, communication and productivity software suites such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Skype for Business, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with customers – in face or over the phone - to elicit all necessary details to capture their IT service request, incident, or problem accurately and completely.
- Associate Degree from accredited University; or one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+ ce; or CompTIA Network+ ce; or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified: Modem Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10 certified.
- Strongly desired to be formally trained and/or certified in the following Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) modules: Service Operation, Operational Support and Analysis, and/or Continual Service Improvement.
- Demonstrated experience working with remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot, assess, and resolve issues across a globally dispersed IT enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience working with Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) IT Service Management (ITSM) software suites such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, or HP Service Manager, for performing Service Desk related duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise monitoring and network performance monitoring solutions as Microsoft System Center, IBM Tivoli, SolarWinds, and/or Splunk.