Clearance: This position will require U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Position # 553794116
Click below to directly apply for the Senior Database Administrator position:
Synertex is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA.
This position is required to be onsite.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
- The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) supports the Information Technology (IT) Operations & Maintenance (O&M) server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available, and secure Microsoft SQL server database (DB) services in direct support of the customer’s business and mission needs. Specifically, the DBA personally oversees the implementation, configuration, hardening, availability, resiliency, protection, automation, administration, and monitoring of multiple Microsoft SQL Server DB environments across the customer’s IT enterprise.
- The DBA serves as the Microsoft SQL Server Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the customer’s IT organization and directly participates in the design, engineering, implementation, and modifications to the production DB environments backed by Microsoft SQL Server.
- Post-implementation, the DBA also proactively monitors and assesses the deployed platforms, ensuring the production platforms are operating efficiently, optimally, and properly configured, as well as ensuring they are secured within all vender guidance, best practice, and required Information assurance (IA) and Security (INFOSEC) compliance and government requirements.
- The DBA provides technical guidance, mentorship, and training to less experienced system and DBAs, especially within the DBA specialty, and may have supervisor responsibilities.
- The DBA works with the customer’s IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team to explore, investigate, research, analyze, assess, implement, and transition new technologies to an operational state to modernize and improve upon existing Microsoft SQL Server solutions.
- Shall have 5 or more years of progressive experience with Microsoft SQL Server capturing stakeholder and business requirements, designing, engineering, implementing, securing, and operating and maintaining vendor currently supported enterprise-level Microsoft SQL Server DB solutions (SQL Server 2012 and newer) across an IT multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) enterprise information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server High Availability (HA) technologies and concepts, such as Basic and Always-on Availability Groups (BAG/AAGs), to maximize the availability, resiliency, reliability, and fault tolerance of product DB environments.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions, built on technologies and concepts such as log shipping and stretched AAGs, to ensure both local and off-site recovery capabilities within established Recovery Time and Point Objectives (RTO/RPOs).
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor provided best practices, systems, applications, and services to regularly patch and upgrade deployed Microsoft SQL Server implementations to maintain compliance and configuration requirements, minimizing, and eliminating, if possible, production and end-user impact and/or downtime.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell, PowerShell on Linux, Bash, T/SQL, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex, DBA duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.