Clearance: Top Secret with SCI Access and willing to get a polygraph
Position #: 486724550
Click below to apply for the Geographic Information System (GIS) Engineer position in Suitland, MD
Geographic Information System (GIS) Engineer
Synertex is seeking a Geographic Information System (GIS) Engineer to support our government customer based in Suitland, MD. This position is required to be onsite at our Suitland, MD location.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
The GIS Engineer shall serve as the Esri Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Operations Branch and directly participates in the design, engineering, implementation, and modifications to the production GIS environment. The GIS Engineer shall evaluate existing data and processes to support development of plans to migrate to server GIS architecture. Configures and maintains the ArcGIS Enterprise and Geodatabase software. The GIS Engineer shall manage all of the activity’s geospatial related data; shall provide technical support and troubleshoot user issues with GIS software and user techniques. Provide desk-side and group training to users on product operations, functionality, and usage. The GIS Engineer shall administer and maintain all GIS production applications being utilized by the activity’s Government user base.
- Shall have 4 or more years experience in GIS Analysis.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Esri ArcGIS software, including but not limited to ArcGlS server/desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Direct experience implementing, supporting, and training enterprise level GlS applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proficiency in GIS analysis.
- Shall have 4 or more years of experience supporting, implementing, managing, and implementing multiuser web-based GIS applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing web-based portals for clients to access GIS data.
- Knowledge of Python language to develop GIS applications within the Esri ArcGIS environment.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined in Section 6, Table 3.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
- Certified GIS Professional (GISP) is desired.
- ESRI Enterprise Administration Professional (EAEP).
- ESRI Enterprise Geodata Management Professional (EGMP).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in GIS, Computer Science, Engineering or another related field.
- Proficiency in building and maintaining spatial GeoDatabases in enterprise GIS deployments.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to users including utilizing log files and web debugging tools is desired.