Position # 486716674
Click below to directly apply to the Data Analyst:
Synertex is seeking a Data Analyst to support a U.S. Federal Government Agency in Linthicum Heights, MD. This is a hybrid position with 4 days telework and 1 day in the office.
The Data Analyst will identify and collect data sources, analyze and extract key data and information, evaluate and monitor data quality to meet the organization’s data needs as a learning organization. Apply specific functional knowledge; working/general industry knowledge. Develop or contribute to data solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work independently with some guidance; may review or guide activities of more junior employees.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
- Evaluate or verify the data accuracy.
- Work with Government staff and other contractor staff to implement data management best practices.
- Review and provide feedback on data related artifacts (Data models, data dictionaries, database design documents, data schemas, data assessments).
- Understand the concept of data at rest, data in motion, and data in use and to be able to provide best practices directions.
- 5+ years of experience with R or Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large and small data sets.
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Experience working with data management concepts and activities including industry best practices for Data Sourcing, Key Data Elements, Data Quality Management, Metadata, and Enterprise Data Management Policy, Process, and Procedures.
- Experience facilitating information discovery sessions with business owners and other SMEs to extract requirements.
- Experience working with high volume business data and provide recommendations for the development, management, and sustainment of performance measures, key performance indicators, and visualization (graphical representations) of performance data..
- Experience applying Data-Driven and Data-Informed Decision Making (DIDM) methodology to support recommendations to improve program success. urning data requirements into technical requirements.
- Experience with working in a fast-paced environment with changes in priorities.
- Experience working with data science and BI teams.
- Experience developing solutions involving unstructured data.
- Experience with a business intelligence and dashboarding tools.
- Knowledge of data standardization policies and standards sufficient to develop data management tools, including data dictionaries, data models, and metadata repositories.
- Possession of strong written communication skills in documentation focused on accuracy, consistency, and standardized terminology.
- (Optional) Experience with Learning Data such as student records, course completions, student demographics, student performance, or other data associated with a learning organization.