Clearance: TS/SCI with a Polygraph
Position # 570559812
Click below to directly apply for the Communications Specialist / Speechwriter position:
Synertex is seeking a Communications Specialist / Speechwriter to work with a Government Intelligence Community client in Bethesda, MD.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
- Lead the development, preparation, coordination, and editing of communication materials, focusing on speeches for various audiences and occasions.
- Draft and edit speeches or scripts for senior executives for live or recorded delivery, testimony, and statements for Congressional Record.
- Advise and coach leadership on presenting and delivering speeches to ensure effectiveness and engagement.
- Prepare assignments based on subject matter experts' input to ensure speech content's accuracy and relevance.
- Ensure all speech materials are consistent with organizational and publication standards and tailored to the intended audience.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior staff on effective speech writing and editing techniques.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other tools to enhance the presentation and delivery of speeches.
- Research to ensure accuracy, and proofread and edit content for clarity, readability, and accessibility based on the medium.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and report on communication tasks independently, as identified.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience or no degree and 9 years of experience in Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, editing, and delivering speeches or scripts for various audiences and occasions.
- Proficiency in utilizing tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to enhance speech content and presentation.
- Strong ability to convey complex information in a clear and simple manner to diverse audiences.
- Proven track record of mentoring and training others in effective speech writing and presentation techniques.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, collaboration tools such as MS Teams and SharePoint, as well as other necessary software for creating compelling speech content.
- Experience in providing communication support, including the development, preparation, production, coordination, and editing of various materials, with a strong emphasis on speech writing.