Job #: 570566852
Synertex LLC is seeking a 508 Compliance Specialist to support a U.S. Federal Government Agency in Linthicum Heights, MD. This is a hybrid position with 4 days telework and 1 day in the office.
Click below to apply directly for this position:
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
- Preparing and testing documents to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements.
- Analyze and correct documents for 508 compliance.
- Using software tools to identify errors in document structure, headings, reading order, images, charts and tables, and hyperlinks.
- Prepare templates for authors to use in document preparation.
- Create accessible PDF forms.
- Evaluate 508 testing tools and new software.
- Perform copy editing and document formatting as it relates to 508 within the Microsoft suite of products.
- Touch up images and graphics with Photoshop to ensure they meet 508 color contrast standards.
- Perform QA/QC on a variety of documents and products.
- Ensure products meet agency and department branding, logo and 508-compliance guidance.
- 4+ years with Federal 508 compliance experience.
- 4+ years of editing, proofing, or copy editing technical information.
- Experience and familiarity with Federal GPO requirements and the Microsoft suite of product.
- Current on Section 508 policy and federal agency accessibility checklists.
- Experience with consulting document owners on fixing 508 compliance issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience providing accurate 508 compliant documents.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Experience working comfortably in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, with very complex processes and tasks with multiple phases.
- Demonstrated competence and accuracy in MS Word, PowerPoint, and layout software formatting and revising.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new tools and technologies to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher-level degree).